Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas



Hi! I would first love to thank you for taking your time to read this poem;it is a big pleasure and honor for me. I wrote it intending not only to wish you Merry Christmas but also to let you know that I’m grateful for having your attention right now! It means a lot to me! Thank you!




And here comes this
To wish you
Merry Christmas
I cannot be able to ignore
What you mean in my life
You know that
Sometimes poets lie
With pen and their beautiful mind
Pretend to live in past or present
That they love when they don’t
That they’re crying
When they’re actually laughing
They barely write their own lives
And if they do so,
They keep it for themselves
Buried in their journals
But, read this as if I’m not a poet
Instead,
Read as if I’m a recent-born child
Who knows nothing
Love,
Friendship,
Nothing at all
But crying
From this infant’s innocent words,
I take this time to wish you
A merry Christmas, Happy Holidays
And a prosperous New Year
Understand that
It comes from its truthful heart

No comments:

Post a Comment