Sunday, April 14, 2019

Remembering

Photo by David Monje on Unsplash


No new conversation is at the end of the night,
it's tranquil and undisturbed, a silent visit
dawn meets me outside and leads the way
Remembering is gray, a breeze that brings future close
within my realm, within the reach of my mind
I look back, eyes meet my people
who didn't choose to stay in the dark
I now carry their lamps, world's eyes need to adjust
Future holds me dear, gives me fresh oil
I give her my hand; mould her, shape her
I build her from the soil that bedded my elders,
drank from their blood and thus she beams of hope
My dream spills on to my children in their sleep;
of united hands, of loving and forgiving hearts
and they walk through the days unconquered
Remembering is my revered prayer
of meeting you at the end of the journey
of holding hands again, of crying together
It's tasting your presence around with nostalgic longing
of old days, of old ways that won't cross again
But there's heaven; yes, there's heaven for us
there's endless stream of joy that awaits us somewhere
God's hand is on that, I booked my way to meet you there
Remembering is bringing you back to mind and to heart
where you always belonged, now and forevermore

No comments:

Post a Comment