Saturday, April 2, 2016

Kill The Night

Where are you sun?
Where have you gone?
Will you ever come back?
Night is long and frightening
Sky moonless and achingly dark
Only stars above are twinkling

I can only hear my beating
In my anxious thought
And singing of night birds
I can see the shadow of my mind
Alone in my precarious vault
And the horror of your absence

Why can’t we have a talk?
Us alone at the café
And see if we can talk it out
Why have you abandoned me?
Why can’t you show up?
I’m talking to you, sun

Why can’t you see fear in my eyes?
Why can’t you feel tears in my ducts?
Why can’t you hear silence of my heart?
My heart is terrified with vibe of anxiety
While eyes can testify blind of blackness
You were once here but now you are gone

You’ve now became a memory
A wishful thinking fills our mind
That you’ll again show up
And you’ll beautify the dawn

Other countless suns can’t help
They faintly pretend to shine
But they only can see so near
I wish you were at least here
I wish you were here day and night

Only your warmth touches the bare
Your rays dig deep down under bed
Why can’t your availability last?
Just a little bit longer
Long enough to offer stability
I know I’m being too selfish
Yes, I’m selfish; you should know that too

Here’s my request as a poet
Steal the past all your light
And kill the night
Please kill the night, sun
Take back your throne it took

No comments:

Post a Comment