Saturday, June 17, 2017

Drowning Journal




You're writing a stanza
in a sigh
you're driving a fool out of walk
I'm a beast in a heart
an artist maybe
I suffocate angeled devil
in a world I'm a word
embodied in metaphoric silence
write me down on the inner flesh of your chest
or sing me with your lips
once I ventured west before sunset
stayed for an age night
pondered you bosom-ward
and so missed you tender
baby pile of beauty
you smile with rising sun
and sob with crying heaven
I know how far I have gone
I would have died
if it weren't your stirring letter
there's God's voice in drifting leaves
and your face in the nightfall constellations
and my name in your drowning journal

3 comments:

  1. How beautifully heartwarming! Heartfelt sentiments penned sweetly

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautifully heartwarming! Heartfelt sentiments penned sweetly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly my good friend! I'm honored for your sweet words. Stay blessed:)

      Delete