Sunday, November 8, 2020

Poems for Her : Episode VIII





black is the gift that keeps giving
with love far and beyond the hills of Tuscany
there's no coming down
i am saved by my far-reaching heart, then her, then nothing

long ripples of her beauty are mirrored in my dream
the prayers are in a bottle. you know, a bottle
everyone knows a bottle!
they are on the empty side of the river, trying to stay alive
well, they can take all the space, the bottom is mine

(i'll keep praying, anyway)

the stab of emotions does not apprise
between the lovers and the strangers (it aches and it aches and it aches)
give me another glance, last night's was a touch too brief

i write and i delete and i read and take my heart to bed

through these lines
i will show you my ways and the run-down cottage they lead to
no number of hitched rides will get me home in one piece

(lo! love cures everything)

I'm always moving downstream aboard grey poetry
there's an ocean between us yet you are so close, so close
i reach out in whispers
call again sometime, i'll write back

love got me here and love will get me out




No comments:

Post a Comment