Monday, January 21, 2019

What We can Be





I've been here a many times
in the wake of the new song
and this morning it was different
I thought of what we can be
a constellation at dawn maybe
for soulmates to behold with fixed gaze
their heart overflown with ecstatic love
or rhyming mourners of rotten past
wasted without each other

Oh dear, tell me, what can we be
in this haze of being
where everyone is so ravenous
to be everything and nothing at all;
where love is much of a word
than a single pulse in two different beings
or one sky in two heavens
that is the shared floor canvas for lovers
to draw the musical notes of their hearts

Tell me, what can we be?
The single story never told to our ancestors
and the historical legends in the art of living?
Or the metaphorical silence in the stand of the sages?
Tell me that we can be us
tell me that we can be one verse
in the lyrical cord of life
or in the darling book of poetries
speak to me of what we can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment